Identify the strengths of the organization’s structure. (internal).
Research and pinpoint a specific health care organization, you can use the one from Unit 3. You will be using a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) analysis to assess the health care organization and its environment. Strengths and weaknesses are internal factors. Opportunities and threats are external factors.
You are to complete the following in your strategic action plan:
- Create a SWOT analysis.
- Define a strategic action plan using your SWOT analysis.
- Identify the strengths of the organization’s structure. (internal)
- Identify the weaknesses of the organization’s structure. (internal)
- Identify the opportunities. (external)
- Identify the threats. (external)
- Match the internal and external environments to attain the organization’s goals.
- Identify how your action plans are linked to the following:
- Vision statement
- Mission statement
- Service strategy
- Summarize your overall strategic plan, indicating its current limitations and implications for the health care industry.
Keep your SWOT analysis short and simple, and avoid complexity and over-analysis. If it helps to organize your thoughts, use a SWOT table.