Classical and contemporary theory to management. For Discussion
- Discuss one classical theory and one more contemporary theory to management. Provide examples to illustrate how each theory has been or is depicted in the workplace.
- Using the two identified theories, discuss how the role of the manager has changed.
- It is assumed that the classical theories of management are dated and not relevant in today’s business environment. Identify a classical theory that you consider to still be relevant in business today and explain why;
- Scientific Management is a theory of management that analyzes workflow. Explain how scientific management changed the way we manage manufacturing.
- Explain why the study of organizational theory is an important tool for managers in the 21st-century business organization. Give examples.