Analyze current evidence to validate an identified need and its appropriateness within the target population and setting.. Topic:issues with staffing and issues with clients receiving facetime. As well as being part of the team despite Covid-19 and restrictions. It was clear how Covid-19 has negatively affected both the staff and clients.working on a plan to guarantee safe visiting/treatment during the Covid-19 period. The skills I was gaining during the practicum would help make my documentation better. Besides, there needed to be a plan in place on how visits and treatments can be checked during this Covid-19 period.
Your problem statement will focus on presenting information related to the problem-intervention-comparison-outcome-time (PICOT) approach to nursing research. You will also present a brief literature review that supports the need you identified in your problem statement and the appropriateness of your broad intervention approach. Provide enough detail so that the faculty member assessing your problem statement will be able to provide substantive feedback that you will be able to incorporate into the other project components in this course, as well as into the final draft of your project.
At minimum, be sure to address the bullet points below, as they correspond to the grading criteria. You may also want to read the scoring guide and the Guiding Questions: Problem Statement (PICOT) document (linked above) to better understand how each criterion will be assessed.
Reminder: these instructions are an outline. Your heading for this this section should be titled Problem Statement and not Part 1: Problem Statement.
Your Problem Statement (PICOT) should be structured as follows:
PART 1: PROBLEM STATEMENT (2–3 PAGES)
Need Statement (1 paragraph).
- Analyze a health promotion, quality improvement, prevention, education or management need.
Population and Setting (1–2 paragraphs).
- Describe a target population and setting in which an identified need will be addressed.
Intervention Overview (1–2 paragraphs).
- Explain an overview of one or more interventions that would help address an identified need within a target population and setting.
Comparison of Approaches (1–2 paragraphs).
- Analyze potential interprofessional alternatives to an initial intervention with regard to their possibilities to meet the needs of the project, population, and setting.
Initial Outcome Draft (1 paragraph).
- Define an outcome that identifies the purpose and intended accomplishments of an intervention for a health promotion, quality improvement, prevention, education, or management need.
Time Estimate (1 paragraph).
- Propose a rough time frame for the development and implementation of an intervention to address and identified need.
PART 2: LITERATURE REVIEW (10–15 RESOURCES, 3–6 PAGES)
- Analyze current evidence to validate an identified need and its appropriateness within the target population and setting.
- Evaluate and synthesize resource from diverse sources illustrating existing health policy that could impact the approach taken to address an identified need.